Monday, March 24, 2008

If You Like to Talk to Tomatoes

Well, for those of you who don't know, our backyard is a tad on the small side. It works well for us, because it's just the two of us and we don't have time to do yard work. So here's a view of what our yard has looked like for the last year or more.


We both grew up with fresh tomatoes from a home garden. Now, I NEVER have had a green thumb, and NEVER have I seriously tried to grow anything. But fresh tomatoes just sounded SO good. So, after more than a year of work, putting in a drip system, mixing the terrible desert dirt, building up the dirt to hide the footer of our back wall, getting manuer for Christmas (thanks mom!), we have finally finished our garden! Check it out!
And we even made a walkway to the garden. (so we don't have to put shoes on!)


We planted 4 tomato plants (I wasn't kidding about tomatoes), 1 strawberry plant, 1 parsley plant, and we hope the 2 lilies we planted last year might come back (because we replanted the bulbs).

I'm just excited it looks like our yard has something to it.

4 comments:

G said...

Cool! We just planted three tomato plants on Saturday!

Megan Turnidge said...

Yay for gardens... but boo for tomatoes! ;) hehe

. said...

We just went through ever 4 pallets of those retaining bricks! I love them...your garden is beautiful;-)

Bryan said...

I don't really like to talk to tomatoes, actually, but a squash can occasionally make me smile. Nice blog! (and now I have that song stuck in my head...).