Thursday, February 19, 2009

Valentine's Day

Our Valentine's Day was wonderful...

We started the day separately... Matt took Cleo up the mountain and hung out with friends that were rock climbing. I spent the morning with one of the youth group girls from church, helping her study math.

After I took her home, Matt came home with a dozen red roses! Now, I know it's silly. And I know that roses are like a million times more expensive at Valentine's Day. But I really always want to have a flower on Valentine's Day. Whether it's one or a dozen, or whatever, I really want to have that flower. It really just makes me happy.

This is one of those many silly times that I sit there and think, why do I care? But alas, the reality is... no matter how much of logical engineer I am, I still have that girl side of me that wants things for no logical reason.

Anyways, we had a wonderful rest of the day, dropped off our dogs at our friends, went to a super early dinner at Gavi's (the yummiest italian food ever) and filled up on dinner and dessert, and then went furniture shopping. Found lots of things we want but don't need yet. But its still fun to look sometimes.

Hope everyone else had great day!

No comments: