Friday, December 11, 2009

Made From Scratch

So, I did manage to be slightly home-maker-ish during this holiday season....

Even though we had a great Thanksgiving with family, we bought a little turkey breast and cooked it the Saturday after Thanksgiving. Two days later I decided I wanted to learn how to make Turkey soup. I've only ever had it once, and it was scrumptious! So I figured I could do it, right?

Matt's family had a Cream Chicken Noodle recipe that is really yummy. So I kinda merged that recipe and the one from allrecipes(dot)com. Pretty much, followed allrecipes(dot)com, but added 2 cans of Cream of Chicken and half a can of evaporated milk. And my friend Lindsey recommended cooking the noodles first so that they don't soak up all the broth. So I did half broth, half water to pre-cook the noodles.

Matt loved it! And he's been asking if I'll make it again! Hopefully, I can make it just as yummy next time!


My efforts:

The broth is done, one bowl is onions and the other is the bones that are cooling.



The final product!

No comments: