Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Does This Mean I am Aiming for Mediocrity?

So I know you have all been waiting for the brilliant moments of this geek child... And while I do think that he is truly a very smart baby I refuse to delude myself in a fictious dream that he is smarter than he is.

I mean, has he reached for me while in the middle of a "mamamamamamamama" babble? Yes. Has he smiled when I say "Daddy"? Yes. Does he know where to look when we hide a toy? Yes. Does he somehow always find those eletrical wires? Yes. Does he know what the cereal box and formula container look like, and express his joy that I am preparing him food by shrieking in the highest pitch possible? Yes. Can he hang on to my pants and walk with me across a room? Yes.

But do I say that my child can talk, problem solve or walk? No! He is simply growing up and developing. (Oh, and we won't claim that he "does" said things, until he does them on purpose!)

So no bragging here.

--------------

On a side note... because the camera is still without power... here are the exciting dates you are all wondering.

Crawling - Feb 15th-17th (8 months and a couple days old)
First tooth - Feb 24th
Stand up on own - Feb 25th
Second tooth - March 8th (at about midnight)

Another thing that I think is cool, is if he is kneeling, lets go of whatever he's hanging onto, then he can balance himself for quite a few seconds.
Also when standing, he will let go of whatever sturdy thing he has, if he can grasp onto any part of me.. no matter how flimsy. I love that he loves his mom!

1 comment:

G said...

Ah!!! I can't wait to see pics. I can't believe how big he must be getting.

And to think Kate still isn't even CLOSE to crawling or getting a tooth. My guess is that she will get her first tooth sometime later this month. And maybe crawl in April or May. I think she just likes sitting too much to experiment with crawling, just like Claire. I guess she's following in Claire's and not Scott's footsteps in most areas!

Give that cute smart little guy a hug for me!