Thursday, June 24, 2010

My Little Helper

As Reid has become more mobile, he has started mimicking some of my behavior. And since you are "supposed" to constantly talk to your child, in spite of how completely ridiculous you feel saying the same things over and over in the same chipper tone... you still do it so that their language skills will grow! So I have started talking to him about "helping" around the house.


Here is Reid "helping" me sweep



Here is Reid showing me where the dish towels are... and perhaps trying to clean up some drool?


And one evening, while I was doing the dishes...

He kindly made some room for more silverware.
Little did I know....

That he had found a better place for it!
I turned it so you can see it better.

And here he is, trying to find that perfect dish for me.


Needless to say... he was a real pill that night, but I was laughing so hard that all I could to was take pictures to blog about!

3 comments:

Kimberly Porter said...

My goodness! That boy of yours is adorable! What a good little helper you have (well, kind of), but at least he's getting into good habits!

Oh, and the garbage thing...no fun. We have found more things in there than I can count, including a watch...yuck!

Jenna said...

LOVE it! LOVE it! LOVE it! Little boys are the best! It really is true that "mothers of little boys work from son up til son down!"

Anonymous said...

Ha ha! I never went through that with Lis, but I hear boys are a little more...rambunctious :) He's too cute!