Sunday, April 3, 2011

21 Months

Reid is growing quickly, and in the shadow of a move and another baby.  I felt that I should blog about a few things he does.  Sorry this post is more journaling for a mom who isn't doing the best job at documenting everything.

Reid has found a large interest in letters and numbers.  In fact he can tell them apart (most of the time).  All numbers are 2 or 8, and all letters are H or O... sometimes he'll say a few more letters.  My favorite thing he does right now is when he's getting ready to run down the hall, or slide down the slide or whatever might require a count off, instead of 1...2..3...go... He says "2...8" and then goes.  It's adorable.

Something that makes me giggle, only as a 12 year old boy should, is that every time we are getting in or out of the car, Reid immediately starts asking "Butt? Butt? Butt?  Pease Mom, butt?... Butt!  Butt!  Pease Mom, Butt!"  I seriously just about lose it each time, I just want to giggle.  What he is asking for is to push the garage door BUTTon.  Yeah... we're working on the TON part of that word.

As we have moved into a 2 story house, Reid is quickly getting faster at stairs, but occasionally, he wants to slide down on his bum with you, and lets you know this, by patting the ground next to him... multiple times.  He's even started doing this when he wants you to sit next to him on the couch.

When he has found something good to do to occupy his time, and he would like you to join him, he waves his arm in a circle, as if to say "Come on".

His zerberts are better and juicier than any of mine!  I crack up every time he finds a bare mid-drift and dives right in for the love zerbert.

Reid loves to play sheet monster.  Where he puts a sheet/towel/blanket over him and wanders around trying to 'get' you, and then wants you to 'get' him back.  It can be fun, but he gets worked up, and yesterday he learned, it is not always a good idea to wander too far (with your vision impaired) when you are on top of the bed!

Reid loves to read!  haha.  He really does, he says "book", and we can spend 30 mins easily reading at one time. (which is a lot for a toddler if you ask me)

Reid is the best pucker-er... the kisses are a bit juicy, but the pucker is IRRESISTIBLE!

When I cry (because let's face it, I'm pregnant... I have emotions), he always comes and sits on my lap and say "Mommy" and gives me a big smile.  I tell him I need a hug, and I always get one.  He knows how to heal a sad heart!

Reid has learned that kisses do heal wounds.  His first major skinned knee, he ran away once he had received his mommy kisses (post washing), and took no interest in the Superman bandaid!  He also has learned that if he hurts mommy, or she gets hurt, he can kiss her owies better too.

Every night when I put him down for bed.  he says "Nigh Mommy", waves, and then puckers for his nightly kiss.  (Not sure how much longer I can lean over the crib for that special moment!)

Reid has come to love the dogs.  He chases them around and often gives them hugs and kisses.  He does torture them a bit and has been known to chase them around the yard... but he doesn't realize it is torture, his heart is pure and he just wants to love them completely.

Reid LOVES water.  He'll splash and kick in the bath... he doesn't even care if he gets his own face.  He loves to lay on his belly and practicing kicking.  We've even tried to teach blowing bubbles, but he doesn't get it, cuz Mommy doesn't put her face in the water either.  (I'm ready for the community pool to open up!)

Reid is a great eater.  He loves most fruits.  He calls all of them "brapes" (grapes).  Strawberries and raspberries are probably his favorites, with grapes, bananas and apples shortly behind.  He also likes veggies.  Tomatoes are his favorite, but he likes carrots, cucumbers, and bell peppers too.  He's a great meat eater, chicken is his favorite.  He also loves bacon.  Potatoes are a hit also, hash browns, french fries, you name it.  He's occasionally picky with breads, tortillas and starchy stuff, but general eats it if he can dip it!  (ranch and salsa/sour cream mix are big hits)

And last but not least... Reid misses his Grandmas and Grandpas.  I have a picture of both sets with me and Matt at Matt's graduation party, and he recognizes them and is excited to see their picture.  And twice he has wandered through the house trying to find them.  It was so neat to get to spend time with them before we left Arizona!


I'm so grateful for his spirit and personality.  I can't imagine life without him, and I am thrilled and so blessed to be able to spend EVERY day with him!  Love you Reid!

2 comments:

Brooke said...

this is so sweet, Leann. I loved reading about the cute things he does and it's good you're recording them because it's so easy to forget these years. Miss you!

Andrea McEntire said...

Oh, how sweet Leann. Good for you for keeping a record of everything. I'm sure you'll cherish it for years to come. I hope you're feeling good with baby #2.