Friday, June 13, 2008

Happy 2nd Anniversary to Me!

Monday was our 2nd Anniversary. So, we decided to treat ourselves to a fancy dinner. We went to the same place that Matt took me to the night he proposed. (sorry the pictures are dark, I didn't want to use a flash in such a nice place... hehehe)

So, first we got our drinks. Simple, I know, but still classy glasses, eh?


Then we got salads, but I forgot to take pictures... sorry. I got the cheese tomato salad, and Matt got the house salad which was somewhat Southwestern style, it was yummy.

Then for dinner we got....
Mashed potatoes, portabello mushrooms (in some yummy sauce), and then a bleu cheese stuffed mushroom that was sweet and salty and oniony... soo good! I love the moon shaped dishes that they came in.

Then came the steaks! Matt got his BIG Ribeye with butter and salt as his topping, and I got a filet mignon with this creamy garlic and portabello mushroom sauce on top. There's a tomato on the side that was cooked with cheese... so good!

Then we got dessert.

Matt got the Peach Strawberry Crisp, it was delicious.

And I got The Chocolate Tiara! Ok, so the pretty strawberry and the drizzle of strawberry sauce were an added bonus... but CHECK IT OUT! It's a dome shaped dessert, filled with chocolate cake, chocolate mousse, covered in dark chocolate, and drizzled with white chocolate, and then a pretty vanilla wafer type cookie surrounding it, in the shape of a crown! I ate EVERY bite of this baby! So good. I didn't even finish my steak, and man am I glad, cuz this was worth saving the room.

We didn't do much afterwards, just went home and hung out. Not like last year, where I got sent to a technical conference in Orlando Florida the week of our anniversary... so I brought Matt along and we splurged on Disney World! But going out to eat was such a great celebration for us! And its fun too, cuz it has some sentiment to go along with it.

All in all... despite the stress, and craziness this year brought us, I still am happier now than I would be without Matty in my life. :)

3 comments:

G said...

I can't believe it's been two years! In so many ways it just feels like it was yesterday that we were there with you. Congrats and Happy Belated Anniversary!

Megan Turnidge said...

Awww! Happy anniversary! That food looks yummy (minus the mushrooms, of course...hehehe)!!! We didn't do anything for our 2nd anniversary... :( So, I've made Tyrel promise we can go to a resort or something for a day or two. :)

Megan Turnidge said...

**this next anniversary