Friday, July 3, 2009

The Little Things

So, I'm finding with motherhood that I am somewhat deprived of my computer time. So here is an effort to fulfill my computer withdrawals and keep everyone updated.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Now that Reid is 3 weeks old!!! I thought I'd update everyone on what he's up to.

- At 4 days old, he weighed 6lbs 9oz
- At 1 week old, he weighed 7lbs 20z
- At 2 weeks old, he weighed 7lbs 8oz
- At 3 weeks old, I don't know his weight, but he feels huge to me and he's finally getting his baby rolls

- He is a great eater. If he does a nice long feeding he'll go 3-4 hours before needing the next one. (this is great for nights)
- Usually when he eats he closes his eyes and is very calm while eating.
- Occassionally while eating he likes to put his hands around his face, which usually get in the way, and moves around a bunch. (This is cute, except when I'm really tired)
- If he does open his eyes, he loves looking behind me, so I've started trying to put colorful things for him to enjoy.

- He smiles a lot, mostly asleep, but some while awake. (and I think to think, some at me)
- He laughs... full blown laughter in his sleep. One time he did it right after I made a cheesy joke to Matt... his timing was awesome!
- He is starting to focus better on things, especially our faces.

- His hair is starting to come in more blonde.... here comes my little toe head!
- His eyes are a gorgeous deep blue.
- I think he is more tan than me!

- In the last week he has become more of a cuddler and wants to always be held
- He spends more time awake, especially if you aren't cuddling with him. (hahaha)

- His toes have gotten fat... yes, fat! They are stubby little dudes... super cute!

And the most obvious observation... he still looks 100% like Matt!


I love everything about this little guy... not gonna lie, I've had some adjusting to do, and it's been hard. But you find the strength somewhere in there.

3 comments:

Franklin Family said...

You are right - you find the strength in there, somewhere. Very well put. I hope you are feeling well, and it sounds like your little boy is adjusting well!

Carolina said...

It sounds like he is a wonderful baby! Isn't it interesting that 3 hours of sleep really is the best thing in the world with a newborn (while before having a baby I would think it crazy that anyone could survive on just 3 hours)? It truly is an adjustment, but the work and exhaustion becomes so worth it. I'd love to see pictures... :)

Becky said...

I loved reading your birth story. Congrats on the little guy.