Tuesday, August 25, 2009

2 months

I've started stressing that he isn't rolling over yet. My friends who had babies around the same time as me, have all posted about rolling over, and I got nothing! I'm trying to console myself that it is ok, but I'm a first time mom... so yeah right!

He loves chomping on his hands and fingers. We don't particularly want a thumb-sucker, but he has found it a couple times. We'll see how this goes.

He's chunked up. Seriously! When did that happen? He is almost double his birthweight, and he's not even 2.5 months! (was 12lb 4oz at his 2 month appt)

Check out those legs!

He's a morning person! Who would have ever thought that I would have a MORNING person growing inside of me. He's a great smiley baby, but it is way easier to get smiles out of him in the mornings.

Check out these big smiles! (notice the PJs, he'd just woken up)



He's sleeping 5-6 hours most nights, and will go down back right after a short eating. I'm hopeful he'll drop this middle of the night feeding soon.

He loves to stand.

He can almost hold his head by himself, but he still does a little head banging.

He's allll boy! He laughs or smiles after he passes gas! It is too funny, but man does it stink!

He's had 4 different babysitters, and I'm very grateful to all of them! Especially the ones who let Matt and I have a quick double date to go see Harry Potter! It was sooo nice!

And most of all, he loves his mom! It melts my heart everytime he smiles at me when I come to his crib or pick him up from the babysitter, or how he calms down when I hold him, and how he sleeps so sweetly on me.

This is right after he got his shots.

7 comments:

The Wilker Family said...

Wow, 2 months, that's awesome!! And you TOTALLY don't need to worry about rolling yet!! I think Preston was 4 months before he rolled one way and 5 months when he rolled the other, so you're seriously fine!! He's looking cuter and cuter and has such sweet hair!

pshubble said...

Leann, Don't wish for him to grow up too fast. They already do as it is. Also, as hard as it is- try not to compare him to others. Everyone is different- he might not be able to roll over yet but he might walk before those other babies. He is a cutie.

Mary Lou Hart said...

Don't worry about the rolling. The longer they are immobile the better. Abi is almost 4 months and still not rolling, I think Devon was close to 5 months. Now I just wish I could get him to hold still for more then a nano second. He is a cutie.

G said...

Yah, I think 4 months is more average on rolling. I think that's about how old my other 2 were.

Having a finger/thumb sucker has some real pros despite the cons, so it'll be okay either way!

LOVE those chunky legs. SO CUTE!

Carolina said...

He is such a cute baby! I love those cheeks and thighs. I can see how he melts his mamas heart and how easy it would be to just cuddle with him all the time :) Just keep giving him love and seriously as everyone else said, don't stress that he's not rolling over yet. It will come soon enough.

A said...

He is getting so big! What a cutie! Good luck with dropping the middle of the night feeding. B didn't let it go until I was done nursing at 1 year (or maybe I just gave in too easily...)

Ashley and Spencer Bunn said...

he's such a doll