Sunday, May 11, 2008

What Did It Sound Like?

So, if you are any level of geek, you have seen the movie Sneakers. (Fabulous by the way) In the movie the main character, Martin (Marty), gets stuffed in a trunk. After returning back to his friends/co-workers, his blind friend, Whistler, asks him what "What did it sound like?"

Today as I was driving down the lovely, heat stricken roads of the desert in Arizona, I was reminded of this movie. Why you ask? Well because of the constant thunk-thunk, thunk-thunk as we were driving. Now you geek experts automatically think... You were on a bridge! But no, oh NO, I was not. I was on a main road, and that road happened to have bad seams in the pavement every few seconds. Travelling at an average of 45 mi/hr, that means there is a seam in the road every 60 meters, or about 196.1388 ft. So, every 200 ft on a 2 mile road? Yikes. That's some rough driving there.

As bad as that is, I dream of the day when this is the worst part of driving in Snowbird-ville. But I guess I just have to be content with having a reason to look forward to the 100 degree weather.

1 comment:

G said...

I LOVE that movie!!!