Monday, January 26, 2009

A Popcorn Factory, who knew?

So Matt is working with the boys in the church youth group, and he is in charge the combined youth activity tomorrow night (all ages 12-18). And they wanted popcorn for the night. Well, seeing as how our church building doesn't have any microwaves... they requested already popped popcorn.

Well, does anyone remember those HUGE bags of popcorn from Costco. I swear growing up, that they were at every swimmeet. And they charged like 50 cents for a bag. Well, NOT ANYMORE. I can't find the stinking bags anywhere.

We even braved Wal-Mart inspite of the concern that we would see someone we knew, and they would think we shopped there regularly. Yet we still had hopes of finding the larger portioned pre-popped popcorn. And were looking forward to a story to share, but alas, it was only filled with lots... and I mean lots of people, we were dodging them left and right and I was sticking out my gut as much as possible to hope for 'Beware of the pregnant woman path!' In fact it reminded me of the 'ants' in this shot.

So as left the Wal-Mart parking lot, we called my mom and she vaguely remembers this place with a 'bob' in the name. Bob's Popcorn or something. So she says, "Hang on, let me look in the yellow pages." (hahaha, gotta love that she didn't google it) and finds a place called Uncle Bob's Popcorn! Apparently they've been around since 1963, and pop all their corn in factory. So we could special order! Who knew that a popcorn factory would actually survive! It was awesome!

So now we have 4 lbs of their yummy Regular butter popcorn sitting on our kitchen table, waiting for the youth to devour it.


.... I hope they save me some, it smells really good!

4 comments:

. said...

The whole Wal-Mart escapade is totally something I would do!!! I'm still laughing...

Megan Turnidge said...

Mmmmmm! Popcorn!!

I am free Friday and Saturday if you wanna get together then! I'll even make salsa. :P

Randy and Sarah said...

the Wal*mart escapade is totally something Sarah would do. Did it work? that is too funny!! You might want to take a bowl for yourself before mutual, there most likely won't be any left. (knowing our youth)

Janssen said...

wow, that picture alone is making me HUNGRY!